Sunday, 5 October 2014

“Let’s Defeat Breast Cancer. We’re Stronger Together.”



 October, is the  Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
If you do not know,
Breast cancer is the number one cancer among Singaporean women!!!
Each year, over 1,600 women are diagnosed with breast cancer,
and this amount is scary!!!

I know I am guilty to say this,
for not taking better care of my health, and not going for the screenings needed regularly.
Women these days not only have to work, they also have to take care of their family!
Sometimes we get so busy that we neglect our health, and not vigilant enough to the signals our body is giving...
That we only go to the help needed when it's too late....
As a mum now, I know I have to take good care of myself so that I can take better care of my 3 kids.
I have make it a point to go for the screenings that I should be going regularly,
because,
like most Cancer,
Breast cancer is curable if detected early!!!
By going to screen ourselves regularly, breast cancer will be detected earlier and the chances of surviving the disease will be greatly enhanced.

> http://www.singaporecancersociety.org.sg/WhatWeDo/BreastCancerAwarenessCampaign.aspx

Breastfeeding also lower the risk of getting Breast cancer!!
One of the reason why I'm still breastfeeding my baby girl for 17 months, and counting,
besides being able to give my child the best I can, I can also lower the risk of having Breast cancer :)

Also, 
to prevent cancers, we can start with our diet.
Including more vegetables, fruits, whole grains,
and cutting down on meat and refined carbohydrates.
I used to love eating instant noodles, fast food, chips, sweet canned drinks.... 
All the mentioned are included in my everyday meal!
So can you imagine how much rubbish I'm putting into my body......
I know it's difficult to quit all of that once of for all, so I'm slowly eliminating these bad food from my life.
Besides starting from our diet, we can also include exercising into our busy schedule.
No excuse to not even do some light exercising, 
Always wear sunblock, especially when you need to be outdoor  
and go for vaccination required!

For the  month-long Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign in October,
we can "Wear the Pink Ribbon" to support this campaign, to promote breast cancer awareness, and to support fundraising.
A small portion of the total cost from the products that are emblazoned with pink ribbons, colored pink, will be donated to support breast cancer awareness or research...

Like fifteen of The Estée Lauder Companies' brands,joining together to raise funds for 
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Including these products,





With the hasgtag > #BCAstrength‏
for every social media posting 
 The Estee Lauder Companies will donate $1 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) up to $22,000.

I have done mine :)
 You should too :)
Let’s all do our part in helping to promote this campaign!

For more info,
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BCACampaign
YouTube: www.youtube.com/BCACampaign
Twitter: twitter.com/BCAcampaign
Instagram: @BCAcampaign

~ We may never understand illnesses such as cancer. In fact, we may never cure it. But an ounce of prevention is worth more than a million pounds of cure.
David Agus




No comments:

Post a Comment