Wednesday, 16 July 2014

KLEENEX FSC, Small Changes To Save The World.

If you ask me whether I recycle items few years back? I will tell you I don't. I did not know much about recycling and didn't know what I can do to recycle. But things changed after I become a mum...
As my son grow older, he's being educated in school the importance of recycling, the importance of protecting and looking after the planet we are living in. He told me the importance of recycling and got me aware of what will happen to the Earth in future, if we don't do our part in protecting and taking care of the planet we are living it. And most importantly, he asked me if we wants him, people in his generation, and later, to be living in a polluted enviroment. This triggers me to really put myself forward in starting to take note of what I have been using and doing in my life, and see what I can do to make the planet a better place to live in.
I know some people will go " How big a difference can I make? When the world is so big?!" I said the same sentence too! But big changes start from small choices! My son told me, " At least one more person is doing their part in loving the Earth. and the person is you." :) Sounds cheesy, but it really motivates me to really start making changes in my life to start doing my part, to safeguard the environment for future generations!!

And also, I brought Kaylene to the library few days later because she wanted to borrow books. Concidentally, we chanced upon this book. Before I can say anything, Kaylene is already at the counter borrowing this book to read back home! 
Even Kaylene wanna do her part to look after the planet she is living in!


Just like me, she wanna do her part in looking after the planet we are living in. The very next day, she started to look out for paper material in the house which can be recycled, and placed them in a HUGE recycling bag! This is only part of the items being collected and we are still in the midst of filling it full....



It's so fulfilling to see the recycling bag filling up with items which can be recycle everyday!
We have also been doing the following:
To look out for recycling bins when we are out and dispose items which can be recycled into the  respective bins.
To use papers which is of no use to teach my kids,

In order not to waste water when brushing the teeth, we have the water in a cup and only refill when needed, and not leave the water running!

To only switch on the lights when we really need it, and off it when we don't need it.

To have the temperature of the aircon set at 24 degrees...
And I use the ECO mode each time I drive,
My family are doing our part to not waste any of the resources and to protect the Earth :)

And I am happier to know that KLEENEX, the brand that I trust and have been using has also been doing its part in protecting the EARTH! The products from KLEENEX are FSC certified! FSC, The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an independent, non-profit organisation whose goal is to protect forests for future generations.

Kleenex wants to help Singaporeans understand how small changes can bring about long-term benefits for the environment, and this includes choosing a sustainable brand. To support Kleenex, you can start by taking a green pledge and making a wish for the environment via their Facebook app or roadshow!

For every 20 wishes collected,
Kleenex will support Garden City Fund’s Plant-A-Tree Programme to plant a real tree in Singapore

And I have pledged :)
You can do so too here > KLEENEX FB
(ends 30th July 2014)
It really makes me feel great to be able to contribute in protecting and loving the Earth, and setting a good example for my kids to do so.
So do your part in protecting the EARTH for yourself, and the future generation!
Remember,

Big changes start with small choices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment