Tuesday, 15 April 2014

My Delivery Labour Story.... of my 3 kids!!

Since I managed to sleep 4 hours last night,
(Thanks Kayliss for being a sweetie pie and sleep through for 4 hours)...
I am going to BLOG :)
I was sooo tired that I fell asleep last night.
I reckon... U know... I don't sleep at night right?
I only take naps.
But no matter how much naps I take during the day, I still feel sore achy body everyday....
Taking a sleep at night is different.
Even though it is only for 3-4 hours, I feel awake, and refresh!!

I was just watching YouTube videos and there are mummies talking about their delivery labour story,
And I was like,
I should blog about it!!!
Just in-case I forget about it. HAHA!
So yah.....

Kayson Quek
1st time mum at 17.
I had Kayson in me for 40 weeks,
I can say my pregnancy was pretty easy, with no signs of morning sickeness at all!
Except having stretchmarks, and feeling really lethargic during my 3rd trimester.
My appetite grew!!
I craved so much for spicy food, and DURIANS!!!
And I was quite a small eater in the past before I was pregnant,
I couldn't even finish a pack of chips.
I gained a whopping 25 kg during this pregnancy =/
My skin was pretty bad probably due to the hormones of having a boy.

I had no sign of labour at 40 weeks so I had to induced Kayson.
My last gynae visit was on the 24th Nov 2003 and I remembered my gynae told me to go bk on the 27th to be induced if I haven deliver Kayson by then.
Nothing happened, so I had to go to the hospital at 7am to induce.
Went to the delivery ward at 12 noon....
A gynae (not mine!) came to check on me, and broke my water-bag at about 3-4pm.
And that's when all the contractions started.
As I was really young then, I didn't have much knowledge about the pain relief methods.
And as a 1st time mum,
I didn't know what to expect too.
So I just listened to my body.
Whenever I feel pain, I just get whatever pain relief method that is available for me.
I took the jab on the thigh, the laughing gas, and 2 doses of epidural during the time span of the 10 hours labour.
Yup, 2 doses of epidural.
I had the 1st dose when the laughing gas don't work on me, except making me so dizzy and "high".
And I can still feel the painful contractions!
So I opt for epidural...
And it seriously works like magic.. I don't feel any pain anymore. My body felt so numb!
The only downside is, my whole body was itching badly ( one of the side effects of epidural ) and I couldn't relief the itch.
But I managed to nap which is so so good.
After a few hours, I started to feel the pain again.
So I got another dose of Epidural.
I know it was bad bad bad, but I got to say,
I was too young and didn't have much knowledge when it comes to delivery labour.
And at that time, Internet isn't that well-developed.
So I basically can only get whatever pain relief that is available.

My gyane came to check on me at around 10pm
and I was 10cm dilated then.
So I was made to push..
But because I couldn't feel anything, I don't have any energy to push.
So my gyane got to help me "push" my baby out by PUSHING MY TUMMY REALLY HARD!!
I couldn't remember how long it took,
and Kayson is out...
Crying really loudly!!!

Not going to disclose the time he's born.
Kayson Quek, born via Natural delivery method on the 27th Nov 2003.
at 3.42kg, 52 cm long.

Kaylene Quek.
I had Kaylene in me for 39 weeks,
This pregnancy.. was pretty bad.
I had serious morning sickness and got to be in bed/sofa almost all the time,
and only got better after the 5th month of pregnancy.
The lucky thing is I don't puke despite feeling nauseous.
I just need to be resting position.
I didn't have much appetite for anything,
but I forced myself to drink MILO.
When I feel like I can eat something, it'll be sweet snacks.
Like Chocolates!
And I can finish a pac of M&Ms chocolate at one go, WHICH I WILL NEVER DO IN THE PAST as I HATE SWEET DESSERTS! (not anymore now)
I also craved for ice-cream. but not those milky kind.
But lighter flavoured kind.
I couldnt take spice at all.
When I am someone who got to have chilli/chilli sauce/sambal chilli along with my meal.
I get tummy-ache whenever I try to take chilli =/
And also, I got food poisoning once because of a super lazy and horrible helper which I had back then, who served me semi-uncooked food.
When I was like in my 3rd trimester.
I was puking so badly and so dehydrated, the pain at the tummy area was so torturing that I thought I was going to labour at that time.
But luckily,
Kaylene is so healthy and comfortable in my tummy that she decided to stay til the 39th week of my pregnancy :)
I gained about 20kg during this pregnancy even though I didn't eat that much,
compared to my pregnancy when havng Kayson.
My skin was good, and glowy then.
Probably due to the hormones of having girl :)
Showed no sign of labour at 39weeks, closed to 40.
I had Braxton kicks but I didn't think much.
Once again, I was told to be induce on 4th Nov 2007 if I haven't deliver my baby by then.
And my last gynae visit was on the 1st Nov 2007.
My EDD was also on the 1st Nov 2007 and exactly on this day,
I woke up, spotting.
As for my 1st labour, I was induced so I was clueless to what I was going through then.
I called my mum and she told me to go to straight to the hospital as I am having signs of early labour.
So we went straight to the hospital,
Saw me gyane, and I went straight to the delivery ward to prepare right after.
I remember it was about 12 in the noon....

My gyane came in to break my water-bag at around 2-3pm.
I was in labour for 6 hours, and this time round,
I did not opt for any pain relief method.
no jab on my thigh, no laughing gas, no epidural.
As I was more knowledgeable about the pain relief methods this time round.
I read up info about how the pain during contractions will be like,
what I can do to minimise the pain without any form of pain relives!
So I told myself if other mummies can deliver naturally without epidural, I can do it too.
And since I don't want any epidural, I do not need any of the small pain relief methods available.
So yah......
I basically feel EVERYTHING, EVERY PAIN during the labour.
The contractions, the baby coming out of me,
Even when my gyane is stitching me up.
I was so pain during labour that I really feel like dying right there.
I had only 2 options,
to continue pushing, or to just die there.
Serious la.
BUT I got to say,
the pain is so so so worth it when I see Kaylene, right infront of me,
healthy and crying loudly! 

Not going to disclose the time she's born.
Kaylene Quek, born via Natural delivery method on the 1st Nov 2007.
at 3.42kg, 50 cm long.

Kayliss Quek
I had Kayliss in me for 40 weeks,
This pregnancy.. was very very bad!!
I had serious morning sickness and got to be in bed/sofa almost all the time.
I didn't have much appetite for anything,
not even MILO,
all the way up til the 7th month of my pregnancy.
I lost weight,
And was later told by my doc that I was having gastric because I wasn't eating anything.
I only told myself that I got to at least eat something if not I wouldn't have the energy to do anything especially when I still have to drive my kids for classes, and still having to teach Kayson with his work.
I got serious ears block too.
Especially when I'm driving.
I was dreading every music class as I got to sit in with Kaylene for an hour, in a sound proof room, with other 9 noisy kids, and their parents.
But I got to force myself to still head out as I have no one to help me :(
Even until the very last day before I go deliver,
I still got to bring my kids out and their swimming class.
I gained about 18kg during this pregnancy even though I didn't eat much,
even the nurse who was taking my weight was like
" is the weighing machine spoilt as you don't like you gained that much weight!"
My skin was not good.
Probably due to the stress I was having everyday :(
Showed no sign of labour at 40 weeks and I was being told to be induced if I haven deliver on the 5th May 2013.
Which is the EDD for Kayliss.
I started having like mild contractions for few days, a week before the EDD.
But because I feel that it's bearable, I didn't think much about it.
There was once the pain got quite intense but gynae said I have no signs of labour yet so I went bk home.
On the 4th May 2013,
I admitted into the hospital as I was supposed to be induced early in the morning on the 5th.
 I started having mild contraction, but only 2 cm dilated.
Besides waiting, it's still waiting.
I stayed in the ward for the night where my kids stayed with me til really late.
Kaylene was crying when she got to leave :(
And their daddy got to be with them as at that time,
my MIL was away for a 3 weeks holiday, the new helper simply SUCKS, and no one is able to help me :(
I was alone in the ward and managed to sleep for an hour,
before my gyane came to check on me in the morning.
The nurses who attended to me were really nice during my stay so it wasn't that bad.
My Gyane broke my water-bag at about 9-10am,
and I went into active labour like really fast.
Like my previous delivery,
I opt for drug free.
No jab on my thigh, no laughing gas and no epidural.
Unbearable pain,
Either I continue pushing, or just die there la.
I really wonder why I put myself through all these even when I think of it now =/
Every pain is worth it when I see a healthy, and chubby baby girl, right infront of me after all the torture!!
Not going to disclose the time she's born.
Kayliss Quek, born via Natural delivery method on the 5th May 2013,
at 3.5kg, 49 cm long.
Finally done with all the stories :)
And if you wanna know which gyane I was seeing,
I see him for all my 3 pregnancies.
I like him because he doesn't talk much
(which I feel is good as it'll be funny if you see a male OB,and he's chatty. I just don't like it)
But able to give me straight forward answers for my doubts.
He is also there to deliver my 3 babies for me which I think is very necessary and safe as he is the one who's seeing me every of my pregnancy visit and know about my condition best.
Basically that should be it.
I hope to not see him again except for my PAP smear test as I will not be having anymore babies.
As much as I love children,
Motherhood is so tough now, especially with 3 kids.
2 in Primary school, and one at toddler stage.
So far,
I am loving my busy life :)
And trying my best to enjoy Motherhood as Kids don't stop growing for you.
So always treasure the time you have with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment